President Chong gave the following report to the Board of Trustees at their December 8, 2015 meeting:
- He was proud to see the flag raised for Veterans Day, thanks to the work of Ross Liscomb, Michael Coutre and Craig Rowland.
- He went to the College of Marin site visit, hosted by President David Wain Coon. He was joined by several staff members, including Director, Capital Projects Leigh Sata. The purpose was to view the new bulidings the College of Marin built with their recent bond. There were many modern, new buildings built to be highly sustainable and student friendly. They were likely too modern for SRJC, but impressive.
- He attended CCLC in November with Trustees Battenfeld, Fishman, Burns and Edgar. He was also proud to see the SRJC dance troop perform during the opening ceremonies. He also saw representation from our SRJC Shone Farm, showcasing SRJC's Agriculture program.
- He went to see Mary Poppins and said that it was easy to understand "the buzz" about the show. He went with Trustee Lindley and his family and all were impressed by what the staff was able to accomplish in this old building. He said he can imagine what would be possible in a newly renovated building.
- He gave kudos to Lenny Wagner and Matt Markovich for the amazing sports events they've put on so far this year. He also thanked Brian Marvin and Laurie Beard.
- He thanked Tony Ichsan for his years of service. He has worked by Tony's side from the day he arrived and will sorely miss him, though he said he does welcome the opportunity to visit Portland.
- He also wanted to recognize Russ Bowden, who is retiring at the end of the semester. Dr. Chong called him a "fixture" of the college, making it possible for the place to run. The retirement reception for Russ will be held on Dec. 18, 1:00pm-3:00pm in the Doyle Reading Room, for those who want to attend.