President Chong gave the following report to the Board of Trustees at their May 10, 2016 meeting:
- He met with Sean McGlynn, the City Manager for Santa Rosa, and his team. They discussed:
- A coordinated response to Homelessness/Affordable Housing. Working with VP Navarrette and RE to get resources to students who are at risk or are homeless. Also working on public/private partnerships on housing for students.
- A possible pedestrian bridge.
- Training opportunities for City Workers and retirees.
- He attended the 89th Firefighter Graduation on May 6 at the Public Safety Training Center.
- He welcomed Sabrina Rawson, the new Student Trustee, and gave thanks to Student Trustee Rossi, who came on at a difficult time.
- He thanked Eloisa from the Press Democrat for the profile she did on him for the Sunday paper.
- Finally, he read a response to a Press Democrat article concerning a lawsuit settlement.