President Chong gave the following report to the Board of Trustees at their Oct. 11, 2016 meeting:
- He had a productive meeting with City of Santa Rosa's Human Resources department regarding how SRJC can better serve incumbent employees of the City. He plans for SRJC to participate in a needs assessment of the needs of the City's employees.
- He acted as keynote speaker at the Los Cien breakfast, discussing how SRJC has been a leader in diversifying its employees.
- He attended the Oct. 2 Literacyworks event featuring Peter Coyote, a big proponent of literacy.
- He spoke at AC Panella's classes and said thanks for the opportunity to interact with the students.
- He attended the Shone Farm Fall Festival, which was very successful with over 9,000 attendees.
- He participated in the SRJC Bear Cub Athletic Trust's 22nd Annual Golf Tournament, which Ron Myers won. The event raised over $25K to support athletic programs.
- He said he plans to attend the play, Leaving Home, which features stories of SRJC students and many homeless students.
- The Adjunct Faculty Fair will be held on Nov. 1. He said this event is aimed at addressing a paucity of adjunct faculty.