President Chong gave the following report to the Board of Trustees at their January 12, 2016 meeting:
- He welcomed new Board officers, President Edgar, Vice President Fishman and Clerk Battenfeld. He thanked Trustee Kunde for his years of service as Board President.
- He discussed the Governor's Budget for the year, which provides significant funds for higher education, particularly for Workforce Development and CTE programs, which is a result of the taskforce on which Vice President, Student Services Ricardo Navarrette served. The budget also reflects continued commitment to support Student Success and Student Equity programs. On the negative side, it provides very little for operating expenses, including a .47% COLA, which he feels is far too low.
- He also announced that enrollment is steady, but not meeting enrollment goals.
- He announced the following dates:
- Jan. 19 - classes begin
- Feb. 11 - Professional Development Activities Day in Petaluma
- Feb. 21 - The Second Annual SRJC Wine Classic in Bertolini