President Chong gave the following report to the Board of Trustees at their September 8, 2015 meeting:
- Enrollment Report: Headcount is steady, but 2.78% below last year and total 7% below for the target.
- Harvey Hansen BBQ success: Over 300 attendees. Trustees Dorothy Battenfeld, Jordan Burns and Maggie Fishman attended. He congratulated Karen Furukawa-Schlereth and her staff at HR for putting on an great event.
- He met with Brian Farragher of the Hanna Boys Center on Sept. 2. He was impressed with the center and their contribution to the community.
- He reported on the Board of Governors visit: Arnoldo Avalos (Pleasanton) and Jeff Burnick (Clovis) on Sept. 3. Dr. Chong said they are interested in services to Hispanic and Latino students and were impressed with SRJC's leadership in these areas.
- Partnership UCLA: Lin Young and Katrina Davey visited with the senior leadership team. They are spearheading partnership with SRJC Alumni to teach classes and exploring developing a partnership with our Alumni.
- He welcomed and introduced our new Director, Capital Projects Leigh Sata and his AAIII, Susan Brouwer, a team providing much needed support. He said that Leigh is off and running, developing the 2030 Facilities Master Plan.