President Chong gave the following report to the Board of Trustees at their Aug. 9, 2016 meeting:
- The Automotive Technology program received renewed National Automotive Education Foundation (NATEF) Accreditation. He gave thanks to Cliff Norton, Jerry Miller and Mary Kay Rudolph.
- Alumni Gaye Le Baron received the Community College League of California's (CCLC) Outstanding Alumni Award.
- Director, Purchasing Laura Rivera received the national Achievement of Excellence Procurement Award.
- SRJC was named a "Great College to Work For" by the Chronicle of Higher Education for the fourth year in a row.
- He attending the Summer Repatory Theater performances Boeing Boeing and Rock of Ages and said they were outstanding.
- He said that he has been focusing on the "20,000 by 2020" campaign, seeking to achieve enrollment of 20,000 FTES by the year 2020. He will also address this matter as the Keynote speaker at PDA Day on Aug. 19. His talk is entitled "Envisioning Our Future."